The Housing Program offers responsible loan products and services specifically designed for the Native Americans from the four tribes located in Maine—Passamaquoddy Tribe, Penobscot Nation, Houlton Band of Maliseet, and Aroostook Band of Micmac. The goals of FDDC’s Housing Program are to:
1) Increase homeownership among tribal members, particularly to those with low- to moderate-incomes;
2) Improve the quality of housing for Wabanaki people;
3) Help tribal members reduce their home’s operating costs using energy efficient home improvement, construction, and purchase loans;
4) Raise the levels of financial knowledge among tribal members; and
5) Attract and leverage capital in Indian Country.
Homeownership is a key component in building a vibrant community. It stabilizes neighborhoods as well as families, and continues to be an important source of long-term financial security. We offer housing loan products for the purchase as well as improvement of residential property at the lowest possible cost to benefit low- to moderate-income borrowers. All of our loans carry an affordable fixed interest rate and conventional terms.
For a complete list of our Housing Loan Products, please click here.
For those who are not quite ready to purchase a home, or simply interested in improving their financial situation, we offer a wide array of services for tribal members and their families seeking financial resiliency (the ability to recover financially from unexpected life events). Our services are offered in a one-on-one counseling format, as well as in a group workshop setting. We bring these services directly to the five tribal communities, and are also available for consultations via telephone and email. For more information about our Financial Counseling Services click here.
For more information regarding Four Directions Development Corporation’s Housing Lending or Financial Counseling Services, please contact us at (207) 866-6545.